Welcome to our family blog!

After struggling to find the best way to share family pictures we decided that we would start a blog to keep you up-to-date on the kids. We hope you enjoy!

Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4th Party

We have had a great July 4th weekend so far.  Anna & I didn't have to work today & we all have been relaxing after our big party last night.  Anna & Bentley went to the beach for some girl time playing at the pool, beach & everything else that the MB area has to offer.  Lucas & I hung here, went to a Drive game, Sat morning market, road the trolly & did some general scratch & sniff guy stuff.  JayBird popped in Sat night & helped with a little party prep before heading to the Lake & the kids had a blast with him.  Sunday was full of party prep & hosting.  We had around 50 people with around 20-25 of them being under the age of 7, mainly families from our Sunday School class & a few neighbors.  I cooked 10 racks of ribs (froze 1) & served the rest.  I hought they turned out to be a really nice batch, with only a small ziplock of 5 ribs remaining I think everyone else enjoyed them too.  Everyone brought some really good food, including homemade guac, tasty beans, banana pudding with nutter-butters & on & on.  We also took the opportunity to make it a benefit and raised some money for the Wounded Warrior Project in the spirit of Indepence Day.




School Art from Kids


Food Table complete with carved Watermellon (not pictured here though)

Wounded Warrior Logo Drawn by Bird




Jumpy House!







Movie Time.


Relaxing Late Night.

Jamie...out friend & realtor. 

Steph & Trippy...friends, neighbors, & classmate of Lucas

Nate, satisfied customer.


 


Lucas napping as Im posting this...stayed up way too late.


1 comment: